Saturday, April 24, 2010

FAA Wings

This morning I'm catching up on blog topics. Apologies for the stream-of-consciousness.

The club (meaning, Center O Flying Club, at KOLM, of which I'm now a member) offers a discount off the monthly dues for attending safety seminars or courses. Online courses count. With the end of April approaching, I thought I'd take a course, learn something, and secure my discount.

I signed up for the FAA Wings program, which provides pilots with a portal through which they can obtain online training and other resources. The FAA partners with AOPA so that AOPA safety courses (free to members, like yours truly) count towards the Wings program. It's an overall effort to provide quality continuing education in a cost-effective manner, which is a great idea.

I took a "GPS for VFR" course last night, which I thought would be valuable as I'm still getting used to the Garmin 430 GPS in 898. It was well-done and informative.

I'll look forward to using this resource and building a nice transcript at Wings. And the discounts at Center O won't be too shabby either!

No comments:

Post a Comment