Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

While making the apple pie this morning, I was thinking about the things I am thankful for as a pilot.  And now I will share these things with you:

  1. I'm thankful for a family that recognizes the joy I get from flying, and accepts all that goes with it
  2. I'm thankful for the opportunity to fly within the best general aviation environment of any nation on earth, and for the responsibility as a citizen aviator to make sure it stays that way
  3. I'm thankful for every mechanic that worked on 75898 this year and ensured it returned to service in an airworthy condition
  4. I'm thankful for an instructor who taught me stick-and-rudder skills and how to be safe in the air
  5. I'm thankful for the dedicated public servants who work in the tower at KOLM, the Seattle TRACON, and the Seattle ARTCC, for all you do to help keep us safe
  6. I'm thankful that there is a flying club at KOLM with great aircraft and a commitment to safety, allowing me to fly at the lowest cost possible
  7. I'm thankful that this year, a group of entrepreneurs took a risk and started PilotEdge, which provides a key component of a realistic simulation environment that allows me to practice when the weather outside is frightful
  8. I'm thankful for iPad and ForeFlight
  9. I'm thankful for the Pacific Northwest Flying forum and the community of pilots in the PNW who share a love of flying
  10. I'm thankful, every time I lift into the air, for the opportunities I have to see Mount Rainier out the window, watch the sun set over Gray's Harbor, fly over KSEA at 1500 feet and hear my buddy say "that was awesome", and deliver a skiddish Irish Setter to his new adoptive family.


Thanks for reading, and I wish you a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!
--Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment