Monday, February 16, 2009

Olympia Pilot Debut

I am about to start an adventure, one that I have dreamed of since I can remember: becoming a pilot.

Tomorrow, February 17, 2009, is my flight training orientation. After years of thinking about it, I've finally taken the leap--with my family's gracious support--and signed up for training. Never mind that it's been 15 years since I've been in any kind of academic environment, requiring studying and reading and preparing for tests. I couldn't be more eager to get started...and hopefully in a few months obtain the privileges and accept the responsibilities of a private pilot.

I wanted to start this blog to share this experience, mostly with family and friends who are supporting me in this adventure, but also with others who may be thinking about going on this same journey. Once my formal training is finished, I plan to continue using this space to document the many adventures to come as I explore the beautiful, diverse, and exciting places in the Pacific Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment